Over the past week, the Cryptopia claims portal has been launched with a large amount of accounts being registered. This launch marks the beginning of step 1 in the claims process that has been previously reported:
|1. Claims registration||Allows the registration of account holders' details and to make claims for their account balances|
|2. Identity verification||Verifies account holders' identities to the necessary verification standard|
|3. Asset transfer||Instigates asset transfers to account holders|
Registration email update
There are a small number of registration emails to be sent which we hope to send before the end of the week. If you have not received a registration email, please check your "Spam" folder before contacting customer support.
Currently, only the claims registration process is open and will remain open for the foreseeable future. The current process is ensuring that your account is claimed and will give you a reference number to use in the next part of the claims process. You will not be able to view your Cryptopia account details in this phase of the process.
To clarify, this step is only for users to verify ownership of their claim, account holders will still need to verify identity before any distribution of assets can take place. We expect to launch the identity verification process in Q1 2021.
Due to the number of claimants, we encourage that if you are having issues with the registration email or have specific issues to first read the below and the specific portal FAQs that can be found on the customer service portal before submitting a ticket through this portal.
Verification questions common errors
We understand that some account holders have raised concerns around the difficulty of the verification questions in the claim’s portal. Due to the data breach reported here as a security precaution, we have had to make the verification questions more robust.
Please try to answer these questions before you contact customer support
If you cannot answer these questions and have locked your account, please raise a ticket. We assure you we will process all tickets and account holders who have incorrectly answered these questions will be given the opportunity to verify their registration with a human support member.
To assist in this process, we have collated a few common errors and observations on common mistakes made in account holders' answers to date:
- The date format must be in DD/MM/YYYY. Please use the calendar pop-up to select the correct date rather than typing in the date
- Account holders who cannot locate their Cryptopia username should review all historic emails from Cryptopia as this was often included in correspondence between the exchange and account holders
- All dates allow for a tolerance to accommodate time zones worldwide
- Balances have a tolerance to allow for rounding. The Balance question must be positive and greater than 0. Do not enter balances that have nil balances such as ETH
- The questions that relate to Withdrawals/Deposits ask for the transaction ID(TXid) and not the Address or Amount of this transaction. If you have issues recovering the specific TXid of this transaction, please retrace your steps using the specific blockchain explorer that relates to your Withdrawal/Deposit
- To answer the last question, you do not have to know the balances of these coins - only their names
Customer service portal tips
We have also collated a few common queries we have received from account holders in relation to the customer service portal. These are as follows:
- To view the customer services help center, you must sign up. This portal is separate from the claims portal and can be accessed by any account holder, provided they register
- Please use the same email as you registered your Cryptopia email. This will allow customer support to verify they are speaking with the correct account holder
- If you are getting an error saying that the link has expired, you will need to request a new registration email from customer support
- Due to the number of claimants, we encourage that if you are having issues with the registration email, or have specific issues relating to the registration, to read the specific portal FAQs that can be found on this portal before submitting a ticket. Please note that due to the volume of requests, there is currently a two-week processing time on responding to tickets
- Any other questions please contact email@example.com