Beyond the Basics
An accounting solution should provide your business with more than just the basic required for compliance requirements such as GST returns.
The needs of businesses are diverse, the capabilities of the software you choose should match your requirements beyond the general ledger, debtors and creditors. Accurate and timely information reporting underpins the ability to manage effectively.
Other key areas can be inventory control for businesses with stock, time and cost recording for professional services or trades people. The ability to invoice quickly and handle cash is essential for retail businesses.
Choose the solution that best matches your business processes.
Check also the ability of your accounting solution to grow with your business and whether or not it can be integrated with other application software that you use, such as word processors, spreadsheets, databases or report writers.
- Xero is the online accounting system for small business owners that brings them together with their accountant in real-time. It was designed to make managing your business simpler, save you time, and help keep an eye on your cashflow.
- BankLink automated cash book. Ideal for cash businesses with better things to do. All transactions are downloaded every month. Regular transactions are automatically coded. Saves time, produces all monthly reports and GST.
- MYOB, the most popular small business accounting package in New Zealand.
- QuickBooks, very popular around the world, meets all local requirements. Excellent reporting and drill down to source documents. The Pro version has good Job Costing and time recording.
- Accomplish CashManager, is easy to use and understand. It allows you to reconcile your bank statement, pay invoices and code your transactions all at once. It will also grow with you as your business grows. We are New Zealand owned and we have been in business for 16 years. This product is only available through your accountant.
- Sage Line 50. The most popular accounting system in the UK. Easy to implement, highly stable and reliable. ODBC connectivity enables data sharing with other applications.
- ACCPAC Small Business Edition. Entry level version of the industry leading Advantage Series. Guaranteed upgrade path means that you will never outgrow this software. Amazingly flexible. All the features of its bigger brothers
- Sybiz Vision. A lot of software for a very reasonable price. Comprehensive range of modules to cover most business requirements.
- ACCPAC Advantage Series is a complete business management solution that helps companies of every size manage not only their money, but virtually every aspect of their businesses. ACCPAC Advantage Series can run in a web browser, which means that it can be accessed across the Internet.
- ACCPAC Pro Series. For businesses with unique requirements, the Pro Series delivers all the convenience of a full-featured accounting solution with the added benefit of source code availability for virtually unlimited customization-offering you maximum control over your accounting system and its growth path
Your next step
For further information on how your local Grant Thornton firm can help you, please contact: